Saturday, October 5, 2013

There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today

I am a mother of 5 beautiful children, wife of a charming prince, sister of 2 hilarious brothers, daughter of wonderful parents, friend to many great people, Princess of a Heavenly King. I believe in God, the Eternal Father and in His son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a Mormon.

If you have ever wondered about the Mormon Church or want to learn more I invite you to listen to the 183rd Semiannual General Conference that is being held this weekend (Sat. and Sun). There are 5 sessions in total. They are held at 10 am and 2pm MST Sat. and Sun. and the Priesthood Session is held tonight (Sat.) at 6pm. Conference allows members of the church as well as non-members to listen and learn from the leaders of our church. You can visit this link to watch or listen. (If you don't have time to do it now, you can visit that link to read, listen or watch later.) I look forward to this time each year to receive instruction and inspiration from a living prophet and apostles and to hear the Tabernacle Choir sing. The spoken word and music fills my soul with joy and hope and inspires me to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ. 

This time is even more special because my oldest son Cole has the opportunity to sing in the Priesthood Choir for the Priesthood Session tonight. This is a once in a lifetime experience where he will be able to  sit in the same seats that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir usually occupy and sing praises unto the Lord. He along with hundreds of other young men will have the chance to provide the music for this historical session. I say historical because for the first time ever this Priesthood Session will be broadcast around the world for all to see. In the past this session was only available for the men of the church to see, but today it will be shown all over the world. I am thrilled not only because I have the chance to hear and hopefully see Cole (fingers crossed he gets on camera) but our family in England will get a chance to do the same. I was so excited to tell Mark's mum about this opportunity for Cole and although she was thrilled she had really hoped that she could see it. Weeks later my friend posted a link on Facebook with the news that this session would be broadcast. I couldn't wait to share it with our family! Now Cole's grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins will have a chance to hear him.

I had the chance to attend the dress rehearsal on Wednesday and Mark will be able to attend the session tonight held at the Conference Center. Just being at the rehearsal was an awesome experience and my heart was filled with song, literally. I was overwhelmed with the spirit and felt very touched that my son is a part of this wonderful choir! I love music and feel the spirit so strongly when I hear or sing hymns. After one of Cole's choir practices I was talking to him about how I get the chills and feel an overwhelming sense of peace when I sing and he expressed to me with excitement, "Me too!" I am so happy he is able to recognize that feeling and that it comes from the Spirit of God. I live a blessed life and feel blessed that my family and I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives! I am grateful for all of the opportunities that are given to me and my children because of our church membership. There is sunshine in my soul today!




Wednesday's Priesthood Choir rehearsal in the Conference Center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
We're hoping to see Cole during the TV broadcast on Sat. night (6 pm). Look for him, he is sitting on the right side of the pulpit, right next to the organ, front row, 4 boys in.
Everyone's crazy about a sharp dressed man!
Cole and his awesome supporters. They enjoyed hearing the boys sing as much as I did.
Cole will be singing with many of his friends! What a great experience for them all. 



Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment