Sunday, June 24, 2012

He's Got The Whole World In His Hands

The things that make me go hmmm!

"You sure have your hands full."

"Yes they are. Full of good things!"

As a mother isn't that what my hands are for?

"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for."

"Your hands full now; your heart full later!"



"You can't save the world!"

You're right I am not saving the world by adopting.

It's love that can save the world.

We can heal the world and make it a better place.

"Adopting one child won't change the world but for that child, the world will change."


Adoption is not for everyone. If so, there would be less children on Reece's Rainbow alone and more children around the world who have found their families. Adoption is a very personal decision. For me it was something I felt I would do, could do and should do. In the beginning of our family planning I spoke of adoption with Mark but he was unsure. He felt that if we could have children of our own then there was no need. Adoption was for couples who can't have children. Well 4 children later and another on the way our family has grown through adoption. I always knew that I had room in my home and room in my heart to love more children and through the grace of God and his tender mercies, yes we have do have our hands full. And perhaps our children are the ones who have saved us!

We still have a long way to go financially to bring Susan home. There is a possibility that we can travel as early as September. Our hope and desire to have her home before her first birthday may be a reality but we still need your help. Our iPad giveaway donations put a big dent in our fundraising goal but we are still short quite a bit. Please share, donate and pray for us! You don't have to adopt to make a difference. Any donation big or small helps! Thanks so much for your love and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment