Monday, August 20, 2012

Aaahh! Freak Out!

Last night I had all intentions to write a blog post about our Luau. I got a little distracted though and started talking with my nephew and niece who are visiting from England. (Mark's whole family is still in England and we have had the privilege to have 2 nephews and a niece stay with us. They will have stayed the whole month of August by the time they leave.) Anyway, we stayed up until 2:45 am talking so no blog post last night. So here I am today but instead of sharing info. about our Luau, which I will,  I first have some exciting news to share. At 11:37 this morning, I received a call from our stateside helper with Reece's Rainbow. When I saw her name appear on my phone I thought there is only one reason why she would be calling. Sure enough she said, "Guess what I have for you?" I immediately said, "A travel date?" "YES!" Would you believe we have a travel date? We will be leaving in less than 2 weeks for Susan's country! In two Saturdays we will be boarding a plane heading to Eastern Europe. Our first appointment in her country is scheduled for Monday September 3rd. So more than likely we will be meeting our baby girl on September 5th or so. Can you say, Aaahh! Freak Out! I am freaking out but so excited! I really thought we had more time and would leave towards the end of September but we leave in less than 2 weeks! "My pulse is rushing, my head is reeling, my face is flushing! What is this feeling?" Pure excitement! Now more than ever we need your prayers! We're still in need of financial assistance so if you have considered donating to our cause, now is the time. Any amount will help us on our way. We're leaving on a jet plane, don't know when we'll be back again. One things for sure though, we'll have a baby in tow! Yippee! Yahoo! Hooray!

Aloha! I have to share pics and details about our Luau now. It was a fantastic, fun night! I have to thank everyone who did come and support us and those who donated but couldn't come. The food was great from Lanikai grill, the rolls and cake were delicious from Granite Bakery, and the Hawaiian dancers were amazing! A big thanks to my sister-in-law, brother, nieces and nephews, Cole and young friends who babysat so the adults could have a date night. To my friends who helped set up, prepare the fruit salad and serve the food, thank you. To my friend Barbara who arranged for the dancers to come, thank you! Thank you to the dancers and leaders for donating your time and talents. Not one of them even knew me or my family but were willing to give service to our family! Thank you Jori and family! A big shout out to Kenny for providing the sound system! And a big thanks to the donors of the 7 night stay in Hawaii. It was a night I'll never forget, especially knowing that there are many people who love our family and Susan! As I sat and watched the dancers I was filled with so much emotion and only wished that Susan could be there to feel the love! She'll know soon enough how many people had a hand in bringing her home! Incredible! Hang tight and we will be announcing the winner of the Hawaii giveaway shortly.

Well I'll love ya and leave ya with pics from the Luau! Thanks again one and all! You are inspiring and marvelous, simply marvelous!






















Mahalo!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! Very excited for you and your family. Labor Day weekend will be a special holiday for your family from now on! Cannot wait to see photos of Susan and her family!

    ReplyDelete