Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday, Monday

Ba-da ba-da-da-da.
So good to me, ba-da ba-da-da-da .
Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.

We had another visit inside today even though it was a beautiful, sunny day! When we arrived and walked through door number 4, the nanny motioned that Susan was eating. So we waited on the couch in the lobby. In the meantime the director of the orphanage came out and called our facilitator so she could translate what he had to say. It was obvious that she had asked him about the rash. He had explained that she was fine (until she met us is really what he was thinking) and wondered if we had given her anything to eat or drink during any of our visits. The answer was no. Although it would be nice to be able to feed her, we haven't. He said that she had been fine until Saturday when the rash appeared then on Sunday it got much worse. A nurse or doctor had examined her today and they feel like it is an allergic reaction. I had asked if she has had a fever recently and they said no. "Children with Down syndrome have sensitive skin and a lot of dermatological problems." I suggested that it is possible that she is allergic to our clothing or my perfume. If it truly is an "allergy" then that is a good enough answer for me as long as I know that it is nothing serious or that she is not allergic to her new family, ha ha. They did say that they have given her some medicine so hopefully it will clear up. Because of her rash, they had asked us to stay inside today. It's actually really nice and cozy so we don't mind staying in.

Still no word about court but I was told that I would know more later this afternoon. Sure hope it's good news. We'll just play another round of the waiting game shall we? On our way home from our visit today we took a different route to check out a different part of town. I have no idea where we were but it was very posh. The architecture is really beautiful here and there are some very stunning buildings. I really wanted to get the camera out but I am always a bit leary to do so because I don't want to stand out. I'll be a bit more adventurous the next time we are out and snap more scenery pics. But really, who wants to see scenery when you can see the cutest baby?  Here she is at today's visit.

It's all fun.....

 
.....and games.....


.....until you drop your toys on your face. Owie!

I can only imagine that she falls asleep at every visit because she likes to be held. We were told that she is able to fall asleep on her own but it must feel nice to feel the warmth of her mama.

This mama loves the warmth of her baby too!

She is very content to sit in the crook of her daddy's arm.

Oooh, I love snuggle time!
 
Sitting up is a lot of work.....

.....very tiring in fact!
 
"I love daddy he loves me, we love mommy yes sirree, she loves us and so you see,
we are a happy family!

Secret Pink Ninja Susan! Did you notice that she was in pink today?
Finally!

 

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blogs - what a beautiful little girl she is and how blessed you all are to have found each other.
    Joanne (Hull)

    ReplyDelete