Sunday, September 30, 2012

She's Baaaaaack!

Sara finally left the hospital and is back at the orphanage. She's actually been back since Thursday  evening so sorry that I am just getting around to posting it. She spent a total of 16 days there! We were still never given a diagnosis but assume that it was just a virus. She will have a head to toe examination once we are back home but for now she is safe and sound. Even though the whole ordeal was a bit unexpected, frustrating, and long, I am grateful that they cared enough to have her checked out. I am grateful that she had access to health care. More than anything this experience has made me  grateful for living in the great nation that I do! We are blessed!

Luckily we were able to visit with her in the hospital (most days). It wasn't the ideal place to visit, lack of anywhere to sit for starters, but beggars can't be choosers right? Our visits were short but we enjoyed the cuddles and were happy to bring a little sunshine to her and her little friends. One of her roommates, the little boy who I spoke about in a previous post, the one who looked very ill, was so excited for our visits. We brought him treats to every visit, played with him, and Mark allowed him to watch music videos on his phone. It was obvious he was bored out of his gourd, and the look on his face when we'd enter the room was priceless. I really hope that he was able to go back to the orphanage and was able to get some fresh air too. I am sure that even though he doesn't have a mom and dad to go home to he looked forward to going back to the "home" he has only known. I am sure he missed his friends and caregivers. There was another little girl who laid in her crib so still. She was very ill as well, didn't even have the strength to turn her head. All I could do was caress it and hold her chilled little hand in hopes that she could feel my warmth and love. If I could have fit them both in my pocket, I would have. Please share your love tonight and when you're saying your prayers, pray for all those children around the world who are alone, cold, sick, sad, hungry, hurting.

I am so happy to say that we have one more day until we get to bust Sara out for good. Tuesday is the big day! We are on the homestretch and it feels good! Can I get a fist pump and a booyah? As much as we have enjoyed our time here, we are getting a bit stir crazy! We just want to be home as one family under one roof! There is really not too much more to report other than we have found some yummy non-fast food restaurants. Indian and Greek food, yum! Chicken and mushroom filled crepes, delish! Meat filled bread cake, mmmm! I got left behind at the metro station. Mark got on, doors closed, me still standing there. Had a Dominoes pizza dinner with another RR family who arrived at the same time as us but got to leave on Thursday (best of luck Vilardo Family). Bought a one of a kind oil painting at a street market. Found the cutest Ukrainian dolls (I say they're for my girls, but they're really for me.) Went to church, took the wrong bus back, found our way in the end.The best part of the week by far though was me being able to capture Sara's smile! She has a really funny, cheesy look that she makes when she is happy. It's the look that I saw when we first met and one that she gives when the sun is shining on her face or the wind is blowing in her face. But I actually got her to giggle and got a glimpse of her "real" smile and had my camera handy to capture it!


I knew my chubby cheeks would come in handy someday!

That's better, my cheeks weren't cutting it after all.
 
Beautiful baby girl!

Daddy's little angel.
 
Get me outa here!

She does belong, look at those chubby cheeks!


Gazing at her daddy.
 
I'm still here?

You think you're going stir crazy?
 
Logan

Pizza night with Julie, Logan, and Dawsyn (behind the camera).
 
Fresh air! Finally!

This is her cheesy, I'm lovin life face! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, life is good!

Mommy and me.
 
I couldn't be happier!

The many faces of Sara.


 
Just chillin'.

Like Bob Dylan.


Sweet!

 
Sweeter!

Sweetest!

 
That's what I'm talking about!

Smile, smile, let me see you smile!

That great big Sara smile!

Doesn't get better than this!





"I thank God for all I've been given at the end of every day. I have been blessed, with so much more than I deserve. To be here with the ones who love me, to love them so much it hurts. I have been blessed!"

 
 
 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. with the time difference from Utah to where you are - tomorrow is Gatcha Day. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so precious!!! I am happy she's finally out of the hospital and that you get to bust her out for good tomorrow!!!! I can't wait for your gotcha day post! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that big smile...on both of you! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete